Gluten Free PizzaIngredients:
- ¼ cup heavy cream and water (of ½ cup of milk instead)
- 2 tbsp butter
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 ½ cup of Tapioca Starch
- ¾ cup parmesan cheese, grated (or in a container)
- ¼ tsp of dried oregano
- pinch of pepper
- Additional tbsp of Tapioca Starch if dough is sticky
- 1 lb Fresh or Buffalo Milk Mozzarella (or regular if you prefer)
- 28 oz can Whole Plumb Tomatoes
- One small bunch fresh Basil (optional)
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- In a saucepan, combine the cream, water, butter, and salt and bring to a simmer on med/low heat. Do not boil.
- Place your tapioca starch in a large bowl. Once the cream/water mixture has come to a simmer, add it to the starch and stir it to combine well. Let it cool for five minutes. Add the beaten egg, and knead together with your hands until egg in incorporated into the dough. Then add the Parmesan cheese, white pepper, and oregano. Mix together until it’s all combined and no longer sticky.
- To make the simple tomato sauce, drain a can of whole plumb tomatoes. Crush each tomato with your hands into a medium bowl. Drain excess juice into sink, and season remaining sauce with salt or pepper to taste.
- Split the dough in half. Working with one half of the dough at a time, begin to flatten out your first pizza. Pressing your dough out into a flat disk is easiest by pressing the dough out onto the parchment paper it will be baked on, with lightly oiled hands if the dough is too sticky. Aim to flatten your dough roughly a quarter inch in thickness. If your dough rips while your stretching it out, don’t fret! Just pinch it together and keep on pressing until the desired thickness.
- Transfer the dough to a large cookie sheet without removing it from the parchment (see how easy that was?). With a fork, poke some holes through several times to ensure the dough does not puff up. Bake for 4 minutes. Spoon half of the crushed plumb tomatoes sauce over pizza, then scatter cheese evenly. Bake for another four minutes. Slice and enjoy!